Friday, October 14, 2011

Be a good Jesus

Ephesians 5:1  "Imitate Jesus, therefore in everything you do, because you are his dear children."

Let me share something with you that I've read in a book I'm going through called You Can Change. (Super cheesy title, but the book is legit).


'I was dropping my daughter off at school on the day of her Easter service (she was playing Jesus, miming as the class acted out the triumphal entry). On the way we picked up Anna, a young Christian girl who'd been baptized in our church a few months earlier. As Anna was getting out of the car she shouted to my daughter, "Be a good Jesus today."  "Same to you," I shouted back (though not quite quickly enough for Anna to hear). 
Be a good Jesus! Our job is to study the glory of God revealed in the life and death of Jesus. We're to study his character, learn from his role, and understand his motivation, so that in every situation we can improvise the part. We'll face situations that Jesus never faced. But if we understand his character well enough, we'll be able to improvise. We'll be a good Jesus.'


I always want to represent Jesus well, but I don't always. My sin and selfishness takes my eyes off of Jesus and His gracious throne and tunes in onto me. It's a sin that so easily entangles me. 
May I grow to know Jesus more and more intimately so I can imitate Him well.  




Be a good Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment